Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Most Influenced Words from Sachin after Double ton

Master batsman Sachin Tendulkar said records are meant to be broken and he would be glad to see an Indian eclipsing his epic unbeaten 200 that he smashed against South Africa on Wednesday.

"No record is unbreakable. Records are made to be broken and I would like to see an Indian breaking this record," Tendulkar said, dedicating the knock to all his fans.

"I do not play for records. I play for enjoyment and for my passion for the game. I did not start playing cricket for breaking records. It has happened over the time. But it feels great," Tendulkar said at the post-match press conference.

Asked when he felt like getting that double hundred, he said, "After reaching 175-200, I thought. But it's not that only double hundred was there in my mind. The ball was coming nicely and I was striking the ball well."

"I have enjoyed challenges. I have enjoyed the game 2007 onwards and credit goes to Gary. He has held the team beautifully, it's about holding the team together. Even at the practice, he has worked as hard as players and probably harder than anyone else. Things have been good," he said.

"I respect the sentiment. These things help during tough times and when you go to the field," he said.

The Simplicity and his attitude is the most influenced things to me.

No comments: